Recipe by evegpt
What I love about this recipe,,,it is low calorie and low sodium. A healthy dessert. And it taste so good! I forgot to time it but it doesn't take long at all to put it together. Since I had to put in cooking time,,,I guessed but don't hold me to that.
chocolate banana and strawberry mousse
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square, pieces
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 3 tablespoons Equal sugar substitute or 3 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chocolate, 1/4 cup of the milk and the sugar in top of a double boiler (chill remaining milk in the freezer).
- Cook and stir over simmering water until chocolate melts. Pour a small amount of hot chocolate over egg yolks and beat well. Pour egg mixture into chocolate mixture on top of double boiler. Stir in salt. Cook and stir over hot water until mixture thickens. Cool completely.
- Scrape cold milk into mixing bowl and beat until very stiff. Fold chocolate mixture into stiffly beaten milk. Fold in vanilla, banana and strawberry slices. Spoon into mold, freezer tray or individual cups and freeze until firm.