Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A sassy, dark chocolate sweet perfect for gift-giving from the Southwest chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook,Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Using your food processor will make short work of grating the chocolate.
- 1⁄4 lb bitter chocolate, finely grated
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup almond paste
- 1 tablespoon coffee, very strong
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix cocoa and cinnamon together.
- Work chocolate, sugar, almond paste, coffee and butter together to make a smooth paste.
- Shape into very small balls and roll in cocoa/cinnamon mixture.