Recipe by Kim in North York Canada
If you like chocolate and peanut butter - you will love these. They are pretty easy. To dip the balls in the melted chocolate we formed a piece of wire with a loop at the that would hold the peanut butter ball. These are yummy and they freeze pretty good too! You will want to double or triple this recipe.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Well, I KNEW right from the start that I had to quadruple this recipe so I could try out the freezing bit! Easy & fun to make, I thought! Wanted to tweak things all over the place, but I'm glad I didn't, 'cause these taste SOOO GOOD just as they are! Got to admit, though, that another time I MIGHT just add a small bit of finely minced orange zest! Thanks for sharing this! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut, desiccated
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all incredients. Roll into bite sizeballs, approximately size of walnuts.
- Melt 1/2 package of semi sweet chocolate (4 oz) and a very small dab of paraffin wax.
- Dip balls of into melted chocolate and place on waxed paper and chill. Store in the refridgerator.