Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like chocolate and peanut butter - you will love these. They are pretty easy. To dip the balls in the melted chocolate we formed a piece of wire with a loop at the that would hold the peanut butter ball. These are yummy and they freeze pretty good too! You will want to double or triple this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut, desiccated
- Mix all incredients. Roll into bite sizeballs, approximately size of walnuts.
- Melt 1/2 package of semi sweet chocolate (4 oz) and a very small dab of paraffin wax.
- Dip balls of into melted chocolate and place on waxed paper and chill. Store in the refridgerator.
Well, I KNEW right from the start that I had to quadruple this recipe so I could try out the freezing bit! Easy & fun to make, I thought! Wanted to tweak things all over the place, but I'm glad I didn't, 'cause these taste SOOO GOOD just as they are! Got to admit, though, that another time I MIGHT just add a small bit of finely minced orange zest! Thanks for sharing this! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]