When my sister was in town, my daughter, my sister and I went to a Vegan and Raw Food restaurant! I was very much against it because to be truthful I didn't know what to expect & when we reached the restaurant, they weren't equipped to handle my wheelchair and it was a very bad experience! However, for dessert, I had chocolate pie & after enjoying it thoroughly - I was told that much to my surprise - the pie had cacao & avocado!!! ;) It was frozen and that is how it stayed together!!VegWeb.com. :) Recipe submitted by lfinkels, 02/14/06. use vegan ingredients (http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=15403.0)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take a pre made vegan crust and lay washe'd and dried raspberries along bottom of crust.
- 2In a double boiler melt chocolate chips with soymilk and vanilla.
- 3Add sweetener to taste.
- 4Mix well, and take off from heat after fully melted so that it does not burn.
- 5In a separate bowl mash up the avocado, or pulse in a food processor.
- 6Add in orange juice,
- 7Get all lumps out.
- 8After chocolate cools a bit mix it in with mashed avocado.
- 9This mixture should be thick and creamy.
- 10Test the sweetness level.
- 11Pour over raspberries and place in fridge to set.
- 13Top with a vegan whipped cream topping, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Avocado Dream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.9
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
semisweet vegan chocolate chips