Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
When my sister was in town, my daughter, my sister and I went to a Vegan and Raw Food restaurant! I was very much against it because to be truthful I didn't know what to expect & when we reached the restaurant, they weren't equipped to handle my wheelchair and it was a very bad experience! However, for dessert, I had chocolate pie & after enjoying it thoroughly - I was told that much to my surprise - the pie had cacao & avocado!!! ;) It was frozen and that is how it stayed together!!VegWeb.com. :) Recipe submitted by lfinkels, 02/14/06. use vegan ingredients (http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=15403.0)
- Take a pre made vegan crust and lay washe'd and dried raspberries along bottom of crust.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate chips with soymilk and vanilla.
- Add sweetener to taste.
- Mix well, and take off from heat after fully melted so that it does not burn.
- In a separate bowl mash up the avocado, or pulse in a food processor.
- Add in orange juice,
- Get all lumps out.
- After chocolate cools a bit mix it in with mashed avocado.
- This mixture should be thick and creamy.
- Test the sweetness level.
- Pour over raspberries and place in fridge to set.
- Top with a vegan whipped cream topping, if desired.