Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a alteration of my Ginger Cookies (No Gluten, No Sugar), a ginger version. These are a tasty little chocolate cookie without sugar or grains. If you didn't want nuts, you could leave them out but might want a bit more arrowroot. These are mixed all in the saucepan you start with and are so good I usually make a double batch.
- 55 g butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 20 g almonds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 80 g arrowroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Melt the butter and honey in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Allow to stand. If after 5-10 minutes the dough is not firm, add a bit more arrowroot.
- Roll into small balls and bake at 350°F/170°C for 10-15 minutes.
Very rich, deep chocolate flavor. I added 1 square of 90 percent chocolate and they turned out absolutely perfect for my tastebuds :) You have to like chocolate cookies which are not very sweet, otherwise you might be disappointed. This will be a keeper for me. Thanks for posting! Made for Comfort Cafe Snowqueen's Round 2010.