Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a alteration of my Ginger Cookies (No Gluten, No Sugar), a ginger version. These are a tasty little chocolate cookie without sugar or grains. If you didn't want nuts, you could leave them out but might want a bit more arrowroot. These are mixed all in the saucepan you start with and are so good I usually make a double batch.
- 55 g butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 20 g almonds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 80 g arrowroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Melt the butter and honey in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Allow to stand. If after 5-10 minutes the dough is not firm, add a bit more arrowroot.
- Roll into small balls and bake at 350°F/170°C for 10-15 minutes.
Very rich, deep chocolate flavor. I added 1 square of 90 percent chocolate and they turned out absolutely perfect for my tastebuds :) You have to like chocolate cookies which are not very sweet, otherwise you might be disappointed. This will be a keeper for me. Thanks for posting! Made for Comfort Cafe Snowqueen's Round 2010.
it tastes good. mildly sweet. the instruction said roll into balls, but mine pretty much stayed that way. they would've turned out better if flattened.