Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 3 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray square pan, 9 × 9 × 2 inches, with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, powdered sugar, margarine and 1 of the egg whites.
- Press in pan.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until set.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Beat remaining 2 egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until foamy.
- Beat in granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time; continue beating until whites are stiff and glossy.
- Do not underbeat.
- Spread jam over baked layer.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Spread beaten egg whites over jam and chocolate chips.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until meringue is brown.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.