Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just another way to enjoy the taste of chocolate & apricots! Preparation time does not include the time it takes for the fudge to cool down to room temperature.
- 946.36 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 340.19 g evaporated milk
- 340.19 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 340.19 g sweet baking chocolate
- 198.44 g marshmallow cream
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml dried apricots, diced
- Butter a 13"x9" baking dish.
- In 4 quart saucepan combine sugar, butter & milk, cooking over medium high heat & stirring occasionally, 10-14 minutes until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Reduce heat to medium & boil, stirring constantly, 6-7 minutes, or until candy thermometer reaches 228 degrees F.
- Remove from heat & gradually stir in both chocolates until melted.
- Stir in marshmallow cream & vanilla extract, until well blended.
- Stir in apricots, then spread into prepared pan.
- Cool completely at room temperature.
- Cut into 1" squares before serving.
- Store covered in cool place.
This recipe is very good! I choppped my apricots a bit too finely (didn't really notice them as much as I would have liked). Next time I will chop them in larger pieces so I can enjoy the flavor a bit more (but that was MY error). The chocolate fudge was nice and creamy too! Definitely love this recipe and will put it in my Christmas regulars! Thanks for such a great change over regular fudge!
It certainly takes a slightly evil mind to post something like this and I bow to your wisdom in sharing this. I used 12 oz milk chocolate chips in place of the sweet baking chocolate but otherwise followed directions. Thanks so very much, it will be made up as Holiday treats but I need to share this soon and get it out of my reach.
Though I do not have a candy thermometer, I used a meat thermometer an worked out well. Enjoyed these with my neighbors during the football game today, the chocolate combo and apricots were a nice combo. We were commenting about that commercial.."Can't stop eating those_____". Very addicting moist, and full of chocolate.Thanks for the recipe. Have to save this one.
ade for PRMR tag.