Recipe by Sydney Mike
Just another way to enjoy the taste of chocolate & apricots! Preparation time does not include the time it takes for the fudge to cool down to room temperature.
Top Review by Milkman's Daughter
This recipe is very good! I choppped my apricots a bit too finely (didn't really notice them as much as I would have liked). Next time I will chop them in larger pieces so I can enjoy the flavor a bit more (but that was MY error). The chocolate fudge was nice and creamy too! Definitely love this recipe and will put it in my Christmas regulars! Thanks for such a great change over regular fudge!
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces sweet baking chocolate
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried apricots, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 13"x9" baking dish.
- In 4 quart saucepan combine sugar, butter & milk, cooking over medium high heat & stirring occasionally, 10-14 minutes until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Reduce heat to medium & boil, stirring constantly, 6-7 minutes, or until candy thermometer reaches 228 degrees F.
- Remove from heat & gradually stir in both chocolates until melted.
- Stir in marshmallow cream & vanilla extract, until well blended.
- Stir in apricots, then spread into prepared pan.
- Cool completely at room temperature.
- Cut into 1" squares before serving.
- Store covered in cool place.