1/7 Photos of Chocolate Apricot Bread Pudding
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Shirl (J) 831's Note:
Gilding the Lilly...From Sunset magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim crusts off bread and cut loaf cross-wise into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- 2Arrange 8 to 10 slices diagonally in a buttered 8-inch square pan you may have to overlap them on each other and push and tug a bit to get them to fit without overlapping the edges of the pan, while performing this step, tuck the chocolate and apricots in amongst the bread slices, and scatter some over the top as well.
- 3Whisk the eggs, half-and-half, sugar, liqueur OR orange juice, and vanilla together until well blended, then gently pour over the bread and soak for about 30 to 40 minutes until its all soaked up you may need to coax it a bit by spooning some of the liquid over the top.
- 4Bake in 350 oven for about 30 minutes, or until custard is cooked in the center.
- 5If desired, very briefly run the pan under the broiler about 3 to 4 inches from the heat for a golden and crusty top (optional).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Apricot Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.0
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.1 mg
- Sodium 708.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: