Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This comes from Company's Coming Chocolate book. I love these they are sooooooo good, especially if you like chocolate.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa, sifted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 cups finely diced peeled cooking apples (like Mcintosh)
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- oil (for frying)
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Stir first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, make a well in the center.
- In a seperate bowl beat eggs until foamy and light.
- Pour into the well.
- Add margarine, apple and chocolate chips.
- Stir just until moist.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls into 375F oil.
- when they start to brown turn over and cook other side.
- Remove to paper towel and cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar.
The chocolate was a added twist on this great recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Wow, now these were great. I love chocolate covered apples so i decided to make these gems. Glad I did, oh my u have to try them!