Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
How can you make and Anzac bisuit better.....add chocolate!
- 125 g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup rollded oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- Place butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan over a medium heat and stir until melted. Dissolve bi-carbonate of soda in boiling water then stir into butter mixture and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the oats, flour, coconut, sugar, choc bits and dried apricots in a large bowl Pour golden syrup mixture over dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on a prepared oven trays and gently press the biscuits down with a fork.
- Bake biscuits for 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown. Allow to cool before storing in an air tight container.