Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy dessert recipe that I found in my old, free copy of Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese Cookbook. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 3 1⁄2 cups angel food cake, 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- sliced fruit (optional)
- nuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and flavoring, mixing until well blended.
- Blend in chocolate.
- Stir in cake cubes; fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into a 1-quart bowl.
- Garnish with sliced fruit and nuts, if desired.