Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 min
Old favorite recipe for a very good pie. Cook time does not include chilling time.
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Beat egg whites & gradually sift cream of tartar inches Beat until smooth & glossy(quite stiff). Line well buttered 9" pie pan with meringue. Bake 1 hour at 275@ & let cool.
- Cook chocolate & water in double boiler until thick, then add vanilla. Whip 1 cup cream & fold chocolate inches
- Turn into shell & chill 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, whip final cup of cream & add vanilla & sugar. Top pie.
Congratulations on your Week *8* Football Pool win...mom made this and I reviewed it since I ate most of it...well, me, dad and little brother ate most of it. Excellent consistency and just the right amount of chocolate flavor...not too much and not too little. She said it was very easy to make and we all enjoyed it.