- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites & gradually sift cream of tartar inches Beat until smooth & glossy(quite stiff). Line well buttered 9" pie pan with meringue. Bake 1 hour at 275@ & let cool.
- Cook chocolate & water in double boiler until thick, then add vanilla. Whip 1 cup cream & fold chocolate inches
- Turn into shell & chill 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, whip final cup of cream & add vanilla & sugar. Top pie.