Recipe by Anonymity
I am a big fan of angel food cake and this gives me a different way to serve it.
Top Review by Krsi Sue
I was a little unsure while making this of a few things. I beat the egg whites to soft peaks, wasn't sure if they were supposed to be soft or stiff for the best results. When I added the chocolate mixture to the cream- - the cream melted and I thought I had ruined it. It did set up like a pudding in the fridge, but the texture was grainy. Quite sweet, but it was good.
- 1 angel food cake, broken into pieces
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate chips with sugar.
- While melting, beat egg whites; set aside.
- Beat 4 egg yolks.
- Add to chocolate mixture and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Whip the cream; add chocolate mixture and beat.
- Fold into egg whites.
- Add cake chunks and mix.
- Put into 9x13-inch pan and refrigerate.