1/4 Photos of Chocolate Angel Food Cupcakes
Once they taste these cupcakes, no one will believe that they are low in calories. Less than 50 calories a serving! Adopted from the RecipeZaar account.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In small saucepan, stir cocoa and 1/3 cup water over low heat about 1 minute until mixture thickens and just begins to boil.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 4In large bowl, with electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks from when beaters are lifted.
- 5Add sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, beating well after each addition until stiff peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- 6Quickly add cocoa mixture and beat 20 seconds until just blended.
- 7In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- 8Fold into egg white mixture, one fourth at a time.
- 9Spray 12 regular muffin cups with vegetable cooking spray.
- 10Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- 11Bake 10-15 minutes until cupcakes begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- 12Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 13Run a knife around edge of cupcakes to loosen.
- 14Remove cupcakes and cool on wire rack.
- 15Invert onto serving plate.
- 16Garnish each with a little whipped cream and a strawberry, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Angel Food Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 37.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 91.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweetened cocoa powder