1 hr 5 mins
Someone sent me this in an email once. Nice change of pace from the usual vanilla angel food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Sift flour, cocoa and 3/4 cup granulated sugar together 3 times; set aside.
- 3Beat egg whites at low speed in a large mixer bowl until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add vanilla, cream of tartar and salt.
- 5Gradually increase speed to medium while beating in remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, 5 minutes.
- 6When sugar is incorporated, continue beating to stiff peaks, 2 minutes more.
- 7Sift one third of dry ingredients over whites; gently fold in with rubber spatula.
- 8Repeat process 2 more times.
- 9Pour batter into ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- 10Cut through batter to remove air pockets.
- 11Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until top springs back when gently pressed.
- 12Invert and hang pan on neck of bottle to cool.
- 13To unmold, run a thin knife around side of pan and tube; invert pan.
- 14Turn cake upright onto serving plate.
- 15Garnish with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Angel Food Cake
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 152.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g