Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are chocolate cookies with just the right amount of mint! These cookies usually pleasantly surprise people when they have never had them before. I can only find the green bags of Andes mint baking chips at Wal Mart, and I usually stock up on them, because this is fast becoming our friends' and is already one of my husband's favorite type of cookies. This recipe also doubles well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter, shortening, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs, beating well.
- Switch from an electric mixer to a sturdy spoon, and gradually mix in the flour mixture.
- Stir in mint chips. The dough will be VERY stiff.
- Drop by well-rounded teaspoons (I use a cookie scoop) onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until centers are set.
- Remove immediately (be careful, so cookies do not fall apart) to wire racks to cool completely.
These were fantastic! Very good right out of the oven.
I made these for Christmas cookie gift bags this year and they were wonderful! They will be in my christmas baking every year!