Recipe by Greeny4444
These are chocolate cookies with just the right amount of mint! These cookies usually pleasantly surprise people when they have never had them before. I can only find the green bags of Andes mint baking chips at Wal Mart, and I usually stock up on them, because this is fast becoming our friends' and is already one of my husband's favorite type of cookies. This recipe also doubles well.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package Andes mint baking chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter, shortening, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs, beating well.
- Switch from an electric mixer to a sturdy spoon, and gradually mix in the flour mixture.
- Stir in mint chips. The dough will be VERY stiff.
- Drop by well-rounded teaspoons (I use a cookie scoop) onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until centers are set.
- Remove immediately (be careful, so cookies do not fall apart) to wire racks to cool completely.