Prep 1 hr 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
Originally from Pillsbury.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white vanilla chip
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking powder; mix well.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and butter; beat until blended.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Add flour mixture; mix well.
- Stir in vanilla chips.
- With sprayed hands, shape dough into three 7" rolls.
- Place rolls 3" apart on sprayed cookie sheet; flatten each to 7" x 3" rectangle.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 22 to 28 minutes or until set and light golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet; place on wire racks.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- With serrated knife, cut rectangles into 1/2" slices.
- Arrange slices, cut side up, on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 to 8 minutes or until top surface is slightly dry.
- Turn cookies over; bake an additional 6 to 8 minutes or until top surface is slightly dry.
- Remove from cookie sheets; cool 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Store in tightly covered container.
- NOTES : Ingredient substitution: Use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips in place of the vanilla chips.
I made these as Christmas gifts and they went over great everyone loved them. They do take some time but it is worth it.