Recipe by PsychRN
Double-stuffed chocolate cookies,ripe strawberries and vanilla pudding star in this easy recipe.I found this at the my recipes website from Oxmoor House.Everyone at work loved this at our last potluck.
- 2 (18 ounce) packages Oreo Double Stuff cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package almond toffee bits
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping
- 2 (16 ounce) containers fresh strawberries, stems removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Process cookies from 1 package in food processor until finely crushed. Place remaining cookies in a large zip-lock freezer bag; coarsley crush with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Reduce speed to low; gradually add powdered sugar,beating until smooth.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes.
- Stir pudding mixture into cream cheese mixture. Stir in coarsley crushed cookies and toffee bits. Fold in half of whipped topping. Cover and chill.
- Spread one-third of finely crushed cookie crumbs in a 4-quart trifle dish. Layer one-third of strawberries,stem side down, over crumbs. Carefully spoon half of pudding mixture over strawberries.
- Repeat layers with one-third of crumbs,one third of strawberries,and remaining one-half of pudding mixture.Top with remaining crumbs and strawberries.Cover and chill at least 3 hours.