Recipe by TalesoftheKitchen
Muffin shaped chocolate with a soft raspberry vanilla filling. Raw dessert recipe.
Top Review by Satyne
I must admit, I did not read this recipe in full before deciding to make this a week earlier than planned. All things considered, I'm really glad I made it and it turned out suprisingly well regardless. You will see from my photos that I made this a large sized tart as I had a group of 8 people, so my amounts got a little thrown out and I made the 'base' too tall for the filling. To finish it off, I broke up some Lindt strawberry dark chocolate and arranged the pieces, then melted some regular dark cooking chocolate and drizzled over the filling until I had a decent looking lid. I put it all back in the freezer until we were ready to eat. The filling came out tart and sweet and the chocolate base was lovely. (not, I could not find coconut oil or cocoa butter, so I just used the shortening available in supermarkets)All in all, give this a go, it's very rewarding and a lot of fun. Made for PAC Spring 2013
- 40 g cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili
- 1⁄4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1⁄2 tablespoon raw honey (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the cocoa butter, coconut oil and honey in a bowl over a hot pot of water. Once melted, add the cocoa powder. Then add the spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, chili). Take it off the heat and place it in ice water for 1 minute, stirring. Take it out of the water and continue to stir the chocolate, slowly, for about 5 minutes, until it begins to thicken. This more or less tempers the chocolate.
- Once it reaches the desired consistency, pour about 2 TBSP in the chosen cake pan and tip it so that the chocolate coats the sides of the pan. Tip it several times to get a thick enough layer of chocolate on the sides. Then place it in the fridge and move on to the filling.
- Add all the ingredients (raspberries, 1/2 tbsp honey, lemon juice, vanilla), except the chia seeds, to a powerful blender and pulse for few seconds. Take it out and mix in the chia seeds with a spoon. Once the chocolate in the fridge hardens, add the filling and place it in the freezer for about 10 minutes. When ready, add some more chocolate on top, to cover the filling, and place everything in the fridge. In more or less half an hour it should be ready to be gone!