Recipe by evelyn/athens
These are so good. A brownie-type crust and then the sweet jam and fluffy hazelnut meringue - wonderful!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 ounce chocolate, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 13 x 9 inch Pyrex baking dish.
- Melt butter with chocolate over low heat.
- Beat in ½ cup sugar and egg.
- Stir in 1 tsp of vanilla, the flour and a pinch of salt.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Whisk liqueur into jam until smooth and spread over chocolate layer to with a ½ inch of the edge of pan.
- Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- In processor, grind hazelnuts fine with remaining sugar and salt.
- Add whites and remaining vanilla and blend.
- Spoon carefully over jam topping, covering it completely.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until top is firm to touch and tester comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Cut into 36 bars.