Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
When the sweet tooth strikes and you need to keep the scales happy, try these! Easy, elegant and full of flavor, two of these tasty, nutty nibbles are only 225 calories. Note: times listed do not include refrigeration or cooling times.
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, plus
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- Mix softened butter and cream cheese in a bowl until smooth.
- Blend in flour, a bit at a time, confectioners' sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Form dough into a disk.
- Cover in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 325°F
- Divide dough into 24 balls; press into two 12-cup mini muffin tins, pushing dough up over edges.
- Mix brown sugar, chocolate, egg, melted butter, vanilla and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a bowl until combined.
- Divide half the pecans among muffin cups; top with brown sugar mixture; sprinkle remaining pecans on top.
- Bake 20 minutes or until dough is lightly golden around edges.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Run tip of knife around cup edges to loosen.
- Remove when cool enough to handle; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.