1/1 Photo of Chocolate and Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
Crisco Recipes's Note:
My Private Note
-2 1/2 ...
Units: US | Metric
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening or 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate square, melted and cooled
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet miniature chocolate chip
PEANUT BUTTER CREAM FILLING
- 1HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2COMBINE 1/2 cup shortening, sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and egg yolk in medium bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Combine flour and salt; add to chocolate mixture. Mix until blended.
- 3STIR in chocolate chips. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Press thumb gently into center of each cookie.
- 4BAKE 8 minutes. Re-press centers after baking. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely. Spoon or pipe peanut butter cream filling into center of each cookie.
- 5Peanut Butter Cream Filling: COMBINE 2 tablespoons shortening and peanut butter in medium bowl. Stir until blended. Add powdered sugar; stir well. Add 2 tablespoons milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; stir until smooth. Fill cooled thumbprint cookies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate and Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (713 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1730.6
- Calories from Fat 949
- Total Fat 105.4 g
- Saturated Fat 31.6 g
- Cholesterol 95.4 mg
- Sodium 515.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 190.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 128.8 g
- Protein 22.3 g