1/2 Photos of Chocolate and Peanut Butter Swirl Cheesecake (Vegan Version)
1 hr 25 mins
This is a truly decadent version of an omni taste sensation. I was so happy that this recipe tasted so good because I have been burnt before :) Well worth the effort!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 3 tablespoons vegan margarine, melted
- 300 g extra firm light silken tofu
- 220 g vegan cream cheese (Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 100 g chocolate
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 1To make the crust, grease a pie pan.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together the cookie crumbs and the melted butter. Using your fingertips, firmly and evenly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- 3For the Cheescake.
- 4Preheat the oven to 180°C
- 5Drain the tofu and put it and the cream cheese into your food processor. Blend until smooth.
- 6Add the sugar and milk, and process again until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients (except chocolate, peanut butter and crust) and process until completely smooth, about 3 more minutes.
- 7Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe container to a point that it is soft enough to blend with the other ingredients (be careful, it's easy to burn chocolate in the microwave). You can also melt it on the stove in a double boiler.
- 8Pour half of your blended cream mixture into a seperate bowl and then fold in the chocolate until it is fully incorporated. Pour the chocolate mixture into the pie crust.
- 9Add the peanut butter to your remaining cream mixture and blend again until completely smooth. You may want to taste test at this point to make sure that the peanut butter flavor is strong enough. If not, add one tablespoon of peanut butter, blend, then taste test again. Continue in this way until you are satisfied with the flavor.
- 10Swirl the peanut butter mixture into the pie crust on top of the chocolate mixture layer and bake in the middle of the oven for about 55 minutes (do not allow to brown). Filling will be slightly jiggly, not completely set until chilled.
- 11Remove from oven and allow to cool. Refrigerate until completely chilled (the longer, the better).
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate and Peanut Butter Swirl Cheesecake (Vegan Version)
Serving Size: 1 (1049 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3557.2
- Calories from Fat 1587
- Total Fat 176.3 g
- Saturated Fat 59.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2123.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 483.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.1 g
- Sugars 302.3 g
- Protein 73.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegan cream cheese