Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I found this recipe in the Summer 2005 Kraft Kitchens magazine and am posting it here for safe keeping. It looks like a great summer dessert! Cook time includes freezing time.
- 2⁄3 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups Cool Whip, topping thawed, divided
- 2 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- Combine crumbs and margarine (setting aside 1 tbsp of crumbs for topping); press onto bottom of foil-lined 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well-blended.
- Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture into a small bowl; stir in melted chocolate until well blended.
- Spoon half of the remaining cream cheese mixture over crust; top evenly with chocolate mixture and cover with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Freeze 4 hours or overnight until firm.
- Invert onto plate; remove foil, then re-invert onto serving platter so that the crumb layer is on the bottom.
- Sprinkle with reserved 1 tbsp of crumbs.
This is a really creamy and tasty dessert. My family made this for the Fourth of July and I was going to post it but you beat me too it :D It really is perfect for the summer. We substituted graham cracker crumbs for the cookies. One suggestion is to let it sit out and get a little soft before you serve it.