Recipe by Babushka
A recipe slightly modified from a Hershey's cookbook. VERY rich, but surprisingly simple to make. You do not necessarily need a springform pan for this dish but it makes for nicer presentation. ENJOY!
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup hershey's cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 24 ounces light cream cheese, softened (don't use fat free!!)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups peanut butter chips, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine wafer crumbs, powdered sugar, cocoa, and melted butter in medium bowl.
- Press onto bottom and up the sides of 9 inch springform or pie pan. Bake 8 minutes then cool.
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, sour cream, flour, vanilla, and salt; beat well until blended.
- Add two cups of cream cheese batter to bowl with melted chocolate and mix well. Add two cups of batter to melted peanut butter chips and mix well. Cool in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Spread chocolate batter over prepared crust. Gently and slowly pour the peanut butter mixture over the top of the chocolate. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. (Tip for less cracking: cook in a water bath).
- Cool completely, cover and refrigerate.
- IF USING SPRINGFORM PAN: Cool on wire rack 10 minutes before using knife to loosen crust from sides of pan. Cool completely then remove sides of pan.
- Stores for up to one week in refrigerator.