My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup butter or 2/3 cup margarine
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsley chopped dry roasted peanuts
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING or GANACHE
- 1 cup peanut butter (use purchased peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon 18% table cream (or use half and half cream or full-fat milk)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1For the brownies; set oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a heavy saucepan bring butter, sugar and water to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly until the butter is melted and sugar is dissolved (about 3 minutes) remove from heat and stir in 2 cups chocolate chips until melted then vanilla; cool slightl.
- 4In a mixing bowl whisk eggs until blended then add into the slightly cooled chocolate mixture, beating or whisking until thoroughly combined.
- 5Add in flour, baking soda and salt; add to the egg/chocolate mixture; mix to combine.
- 6Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and chopped peanuts.
- 7Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- 8Bake for 35-40 minutes (do not overbake).
- 9Cool completely.
- 10For the frosting/ganache; in a bowl beat peanut butter with 1/4 cup butter using an electric mixer until well combined.
- 11Add in powdered sugar, pinch salt, nutmeg, cream and vanilla; beat until smooth and blended.
- 12Spread over cooled brownies.
- 13For the chocolate topping; in a saucepan combine the chocolate with 1/4 cup butter; cook stirring over low heat until smooth (this can also be done in the microwave).
- 14Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the peanut butter ganache, then spread out to cover.
- 15Chill about 2 hours or until set.
- 16Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fix Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.9
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 274.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 7.8 g