Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
Perfect for Halloween! This recipe comes from Hershey's.
Make and share this Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dipped Apples recipe from Food.com.
- Line tray with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Wash apples; dry thoroughly and insert wooden stick into stem end of each apple; place on prepared tray.
- Place chocolate chips, 2/3 cup peanut butter chips and 1/4 cup shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir.
- If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred.
- Dip bottom three-fourths of each apple into mixture. Twirl and gently shake to remove excess; return to prepared tray.
- Place remaining 1 cup peanut butter chips and remaining 2 tablespoons shortening in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at MEDIUM 30 seconds; stir.
- If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred.
- Spoon over top section of each apple, allowing to drip down sides. Refrigerate until ready to serve.