Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are so delicious. Make sure you bring them to a potluck or make them for lots of company - otherwise you'll end up eating the whole pan yourself!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars and peanut butter.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Stir into the ceamed mixture.
- Spread into a greased 9x13" baking pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 10 minutes (Very important! Otherwise the icing will get mixed up with the crumbs and the bars will look yucky)
- Combine icing ingredients.
- Drizzle over bars and smear with chocolate chips to make a chocolate/peanut butter icing.
From someone who can't cook anything well, this turned out to be a simple recipe to follow and it turned out sooo good!
These are absolutely to die for! I made them tonight for a carry-in at work tomorrow. It was all I could do to not eat three or four of them when I was taking them out of the pan. I have orders to make them again! And....for those of you who need to avoid wheat, I used Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Flour and added 1 tsp. of xanthan gum and my wheat eating family couldn't tell the difference!