Recipe by Noo
Sounds weird, tastes heavenly!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this recipe as directed, & after baking for just about 42 minutes, I ended up with a perfect cake! The one unfortunate thing about making it was that my other half took most of it to share at work ~ However, the large piece I did cut for myself before sending it off, convenienced me that when PAC is over, I'll be making this one again just for us here at home! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 120 g potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 175 g butter
- 225 g demerara sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 110 g chocolate, melted
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 225 g self raising flour
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 200 ml double cream
- 200 g dark chocolate, broken small
- 25 g butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Grease and line a 9 1/2" tin.
- Cream butter, potato and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, then stir in the chocolate, orange juice and rind. Fold in the flour and cocoa, and pour mixture into the tin.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes. Ice when completely cool.
- Bring the cream to a boil in a pan.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and pour the cream over the top of it,mixing well to melt choc. Mix in the butter.
- Allow to cool very slightly, then pour over the cooled cake.
- NB:It really is worth using the best dark chocolate you can. Don't use anything less than 70% cocoa solid.