Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this in a magazine and thought I'd post for all the chocoholics!!! You can use squares of Cadbury Caramello or other chocolate in place of the Nutella if you prefer. These are nice sprinkled with some icing sugar or even for dessert with some whipped cream, yogurt or custard.....the choice is yours:)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100 g butter (melted)
- 12 teaspoons nutella
- Pe-heat oven to 200'C/400'F.
- Place caster sugar in a bowl and add all other dry ingredients which have been sifted together.
- Stir to mix well.
- In another bowl combine the egg, yoghurt, milk and vanilla.
- Pour into the midle of the dry ingredients and then add melted butter.
- Mix together gently.
- Place mixture into well greased muffin tins to come just over halfway up the tins.
- Place 1 teaspoon of Nutella into the middle of each (or place a square of chocolate in)and then cover with another spoonful of muffin mixture.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until muffins are cooked and well risen.
- Remove from oven but leave in tins for 5 minutes before removing muffins from tin to cool on a rack.
- Sift over some icing sugar if desired -- this just gives a nice presentation.
I think people expect these to taste like cupcakes rather than muffins. They are less sweet, but that is what we liked about them. They taste like chocolate but not super sweet like cupcakes, with a surprise bit of nutella in the middle. The Nutella did sink to the bottom and ooze out in a couple so if I make these again I will try putting it on top and see what happens.
I'm sorry but these are gross. Not a good flavor of chocolate. I used really good cocoa powder, and I feel I wasted it. These did not have the texture of a muffin, but of cake. The nutella sank right to the bottom of the muffin and burned. Even my kids didn't like them, and they will usually eat any dessert type food. Sorry but yuck.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap # 33* YUMMM! Used Ramstadt-Breda dark CocoaChobani Greek Yogurt, and Nutella ! Baked EXACTLY 15 minutes -- and they are wonderful ! The Nutella seems to ooze to the bottom of the muffin, but so What !! Thanks for posting, Jen T.