Prep 35 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is recipe from Aussie restaurateur Bill Granger. Posting here for future reference, coz I tore this recipe out of a newspaper supplementary. Here's what he has to say about it: Saying these slices are rich is a huge understatement - you've been warned!
- Preheat oven to 160 °C and Lightly grease and line a 20cm x 30cm baking tin with non-stick baking paper.
- For the biscuit base, place butter, sugar, flour and cocoa powder in a large bowl and rub together with your fingertips until the mixture begins to resemble moist, rough breadcrumbs.
- Press the mixture firmly into the base of the prepared tin and chill for 10mins.
- Bake for 20 mins then set aside to cool.
- Beat together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth, then fold through the chocolate and hazelnuts.
- Spoon the mixture over the prepared base, smoothing it out evenly.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- For the topping, pour the chocolate onto a piece of greaseproof paper and scatter with the hazelnuts.
- Chill to set, then roughly chop and scatter over the cheesecake.
- Cut into 18 slices & serve.