Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Yummy guilt-free treat! These are delicious dipped in coffee, hot chocolate, or warm milk. From http://cafefernando.com/chocolate-and-hazelnut-biscotti
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add 2 eggs, one at a time and beat until incorporated.
- Add flour mixture gradually and mix until combined.
- Add the chopped hazelnuts and chocolate and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Flour your hands (the dough is quite sticky) and turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Cut in half and shape each piece into a 12 inch log.
- Place them onto the baking trays and flatten them slightly.
- Lightly beat the egg white and brush the logs.
- Sprinkle generously with sugar.
- Bake the logs, rotating trays half way through for 25 minutes.
- Transfer the logs onto a cutting board and let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F Cut the logs crosswise to half an inch thick slices.
- Place on a wire rack and bake for 30 minutes.