1/2 Photos of Chocolate and Hazelnut Biscotti
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
mikey & ev's Note:
Yummy guilt-free treat! These are delicious dipped in coffee, hot chocolate, or warm milk. From http://cafefernando.com/chocolate-and-hazelnut-biscotti
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 375°F
- 2Line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- 3Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
- 4In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter for 2 minutes.
- 5Add sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 6Add 2 eggs, one at a time and beat until incorporated.
- 7Add flour mixture gradually and mix until combined.
- 8Add the chopped hazelnuts and chocolate and mix with a wooden spoon.
- 9Flour your hands (the dough is quite sticky) and turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- 10Cut in half and shape each piece into a 12 inch log.
- 11Place them onto the baking trays and flatten them slightly.
- 12Lightly beat the egg white and brush the logs.
- 13Sprinkle generously with sugar.
- 14Bake the logs, rotating trays half way through for 25 minutes.
- 15Transfer the logs onto a cutting board and let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- 16Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F Cut the logs crosswise to half an inch thick slices.
- 17Place on a wire rack and bake for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate and Hazelnut Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 56.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g