1/2 Photos of Chocolate and Grand Marnier Creme Brulée
An intensely flavoured creme brulée combining two favourites: chocolate, and Grand Marnier. Both flavours are strong, but this can easily be fixed by using less for those who prefer a more mild flavour. Time setting in fridge NOT included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the Oven to 325ºF.
- 2Whisk together egg yolks and 1 cup icing sugar until the mixture thickens and is a pale yellow.
- 3Simmer the cream over low heat, melting the chocolate in it.
- 4Add vanilla extract and Grand Marnier to cream and remove from heat.
- 5Slowly add the cream to the egg mixture, whisking continually to prevent curdling.
- 6Divide mixture between four ramekins.
- 7Place ramekins in a cake pan and fill with water about halfway up the outside of the ramekins. Bake until edges begin to set, about 40 minutes.
- 8Cool at room temperature, and then refridgerate for at least two hours.
- 9Before serving, turn on the broiler and allow it to heat up.
- 10Sprinkle the remaining 4 tablespoons of icing sugar over the tops of the creme brulées covering them evenly.
- 11Broil until the sugar caremelizes, be careful not to let it burn. It should be cool under the carmelized sugar (the ramekin won't be though!).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate and Grand Marnier Creme Brulée
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 791.7
- Calories from Fat 542
- Total Fat 60.2 g
- Saturated Fat 36.1 g
- Cholesterol 399.0 mg
- Sodium 60.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 53.4 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: