Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A rich chocolate no-bake cake. Serve in small slices.
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 185 g chocolate
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 225 g ginger nut biscuits (crushed)
- 100 g hazelnuts, toasted and chopped roughly
- Lighty oil a 18cm/7inch sandwich tin.
- In a saucepan heat the butter 100g/4oz of chocolate and golden syrup, stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the biscuit crumbs and 3/4 of the nuts.
- Press warm mixture into tin, melt remaining chocolate, then spoon on top and sprinkle over remaining nuts.
- Chll at least an hour before serving.
Fabulous and easy slice. I used shortbread type biscuits and vitamized up chrystallized ginger to give the same affect as the ginger nut biscuits. It worked so well, everyone loved it - it's pretty addictive so beware !!