Recipe by Baby Kato
My dh loves this simple treat. I hope that you will also. It's quick and easy to make and is sweet, rich and decadent.
Top Review by Outta Here
Delicious! Rich with the coffee and chocolate flavor. I had no problem getting it to set up. I used Splenda for the white sugar. I also used de-caf, since we were having this in the evening and wanted to sleep :) Served with Fat-free Cool Whip and chopped pecans.
- 1 cup dark strong coffee
- 1⁄3 cup bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 1 cup homogenized milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine and scald all ingredients except for the eggs.
- Slowly pour the mixture over the beaten eggs.
- Beat until well blended.
- To bake the custard, pour the batter into a baking dish or individual molds.
- Place them in a pan of hot water in a moderate oven at 325° for 45 minutes or until custard is set.
- To test, the custard, insert a knife or spoon. If the custard doesn't stick, it is ready.
- Serve chilled with whipped cream or a sprinkle of powdered sugar and ground nuts.