Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good!
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- heavy cream
- In a large heavy saucepan, scald the milk.
- Milk boils over easily, so be careful.
- Gradually stir in the orzo and cool, stirring frequently and adjusting the heat to prevent the milk from boiling over, until mixture is thickened and orzo is tender to the bite, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar until it is dissolved.
- Add the chocolate and the coconut; stir, off the heat, until the chocolate is melted.
- Add the vanilla nad salt.
- Let cool at room temperature.
- Serve spooned into dessert bowls with cold heavy cream drizzled over the top.