Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Flavor combination of chocolate and tingling chili.
Make and share this Chocolate and Chili Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Tia Maria
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place 18 baking cups in muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 cupcake ingredients; beat with an electric mixer until smooth, 2-3 minutes; stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into the cups; bake 20 minutes.
- Remove pans from the oven and cool for 5 minutes; remove cupcakes and cool on a rack.
- Make the frosting: blend all the frosting ingredients together in a food processor.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled cupcakes.