Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
These can be made in advance, and are great for holiday dinner parties. if made ahead, take them put of the fridge 30 minutes before serving.Instead of madeira you can also use brandy or dark rum.
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup madeira wine
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 1 cup unsweetened chestnut puree
- creme fraiche (to garnish) or whipped heavy cream (to garnish)
- Make a few chocolate curls for garnish, then break the rest of the chocolate into squares and met it with the Madeira in a saucepan over gentle heat.Remove from the heat and add the butter, a few pieces at a time, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Beat the egg yolks quickly into the mixture, then beat in the chestnut puree, mixing until smooth.
- WHisk the egg whites in a clean, grease free bowl until stiff. Stir about 1 tablespoon of the whites into the chestnut mixture to lighten it, then fold in the rest smoothly and evenly.
- Spoon the mixture into 6 small ramekins and chill until set. Serve the pots topped with a generous spoonful of creme fraiche or whipped cream and garnished with the semisweet chocolate curls.