Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I was in the mood for a more gourmet granola than I usually make, and this is what I came up with.
Make and share this Chocolate and Cherries Granola recipe from Food.com.
- 1182.95 ml oats
- 236.59 ml pecans
- 118.29 ml coconut
- 118.29 ml wheat germ (optional)
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml oil
- 78.07 ml water
- 78.07 ml honey
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 118.29-236.59 ml mini chocolate chip
- 118.29-236.59 ml dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oats, pecans, coconut, wheat germ, brown sugar and salt.
- Combine the the oil, honey, water and vanilla. Add to oat mixture and toss until well combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes to keep the mixture from sticking.
- Allow to cool.
- Stir in the cherries and chocolate chips.
- Store in an air tight container.
This was SO good! I am happy to have finally found a go-to recipe for granola. I think I might try adding almond extract in addition to the vanilla next time. It doesn't need it, but I think it might be good. I baked it at 325 in my convection and will drop it to 300 next time because I like mine lighter. Awesome recipe, thanks Marg!
Made these for Christmas baskets and they were a hit! Did use some maple syrup instead of honey and some dried cranberries instead of cherries. Thank you Marg!! :)
I wish I could give this more stars. 5 stars just isn't enough! This recipe is to die for!!! I try to keep homemade granola on hand and this was the best recipe by far. I used one cup of dried cherries (I cut each cherry in half) and 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips. I have this for breakfast with a little milk and I feel like such a little kid eating it! Very, very delicious. Thanks Marg for another wonderful recipe!