Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this in a magazine and wanted to try it, Im a chai tea fan,its really good.
Make and share this Chocolate and Chai Frappe recipe from Food.com.
- Place tea bags into a cup and add the boiling water.
- Add sugar and leave the tea to draw for 2-3 minutes.
- Discard the teabags and cool slightly.
- Place cream,tea mixture and chocolate syrup in a blender and pulse quickly.
- Add the ice and process until smooth.
- Pour in to 2 tall glasses and serve.
Next time I'll decrease the chocolate syrup to 1/3 cup since I think the chocolate flavor overwhelmed the chai flavor. I used granulated sugar and it worked well. Easy to make.
This was very good, and quite easy to make! It reminded me sort of like an iced mocha, but with the taste of iced chai in it. I used reg. granulated sugar because I didn't have caster sugar and it dissolved ok, and worked out fine. I did add 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract to the frappe because I like to add that to my chai (personal preference) and I think it tasted nice! Although I didn't mix it up as such, I think this would mix well with ice cream. Thanks for a lovely recipe, Evie*!