Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An old recipe from a Family Circle circa 1982..
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 2 cups coconut, dessciated
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200 g dried apricots, chopped
- 60 g milk chocolate
- Line a rectangular baking tin with foil or baking paper, preheat oven in 180C (Fan forced).
- Melt chocolate in a heat proof bowl over boiling water.
- Spread evenly over bottom of the tin, and refrigerate until hard.
- In the meantime combine coconut, sugar, eggs and apricots in a large bowl.
- Mix until fully combined and spread over chocolate layer.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes until golden on top.
- Melt the milk chocolate and drizzle over the cooked slice.
- Cut into slices and eat, or store for up to a week in a sealed container.