Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
DREAMY thick Apple flavoured Choc Chip Pancake stacks. Drizzle it with hot Chocolate sauce and it's just TO DIE FOR as an easy breakfast or desert any time of year. Each stack contains four pancakes, so this should make around 3 or 4 stacks, depending how many pancakes you make.
- 225 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 15 g butter, melted
- 300 ml milk
- 1 apple
- 50 g chocolate chips
- 100 g chocolate, melted (for sauce) (optional)
- Sift flour and baking powder into mixing bowl. Stir in caster sugar, then make a well in the centre and add the egg and melted butter.
- Gradually whisk in the milk to form a smooth batter.
- Peel, core, and grate the apple, then stir it in with the batter along with the chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease a frying pan over medium heat. For each pancake, place about 2 tablespoons of batter in pan and make sure they are about 3 inches wide.
- Cook for a few minutes until you see bubbles appear on the surface of pancake. Turn over and cook for another minute. Repeat with the remaining batter to make around 12 pancakes.
- To serve, stack 3 or 4 pancakes on each plate and drizzle over with the chocolate sauce or syrup. Also tastes great with Strawberries or other fruit. Enjoy!
These made for a nice brekky, toddler DD & I both enjoyed them. Thanks for posting!
Will definitely be making this again! Made it this time around as a dessert & it was very well received! Used 2 cakes per serving, along with a small scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt on the side, sliced strawberries on the pancakes & a drizzle of chocolate sauce over all! GREAT, GREAT! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted Joeys in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]