Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
What could be better than Chocolate mousse? hit it with Amarula!! Straight from the Amarula Cream website,this decadent confection will send any chocoholic into pure bliss!!! Cooktime is chilltime.
- 300 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 300 g chocolate bars with almonds or 300 g plain milk chocolate, chopped
- 100 g butter, cubed
- 200 ml cream
- 50 ml Amarula cream liqueur
- 8 eggs, separated
- 1 ml salt
- Melt the chocolate and butter over low heat.
- Remove from heat and
- pour in cream and Amarula Cream.
- Whisk the egg yolks and slowly start pouring the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture and continue to whisk until well mixed.
- Whisk the egg whites and salt until stiff, stir in with the rest of chocolate mixture.
- Pour into small wine glasses or serving dishes and leave to chill for at least an hour or two.
- Serve with whipped cream, and garnish with chocolate shavings and raspberries,if desired.
- Enjoy! ;).
*Reviewed for AussieNZ Forum Recipe Swap October 08* A very rich and delicious choc mouse. Like the previous reviewer, I dont' think I could taste the Amarula flavour- although I am very sure that it contributed to the very rich sinfullness of this dessert :)
This was a very YUMMY chocolate mousse! I made 2 servings, which filled three 1cup dishes. I melted my chocolate in a 2 cup glass pyrex with the butter in my microwave. I subbed 1percent milk for the cream and added 2T of Splenda Granular to make it sweeter for my tastes. I can't say I could taste much of the Amarula. It had more of a soft pudding consistency instead of mousse but that may have been due to my substitutions. This was very rich even the way I made it so a little goes a long way. I'd say my 2 servings was more like 6. Made for the Went to the Market game.