Recipe by spatchcock
This is an adopted recipe I've not yet tried. Here's what the original poster had to say: "An european favourite at my house. Freshly baked at bakeries and gone in a jiffy!"
- 8 ounces chocolate
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons cake flour
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, add sugar and stir until melted.
- Add butter and remove from heat.
- Lightly stir in almonds and flour.
- Add yolks one at a time and beat well.
- Beat egg white until stiff and fold in chocolate mixture.
- Stir in chopped almonds abd pour into a 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes until firm.
- Let cool or serve warm with whipping cream.