1/3 Photos of Chocolate Amaretto Pound Cake
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Dusted with confectioner's sugar, this appears to be a simple pound cake...however, in the mouth it is anything but simple! This cake is moist, dense, and very chocolatey-almondy-buttery..... just down right delicious!! I have been making this recipe for years and like to serve it with real whipped cream. This is another creation by Boston caterer, Ellen Helman, from The Uncommon Gourmet.
My Private Note
bundt c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position an oven rack in the center of the oven.
- 2Preheat the oven to 325°F
- 3Grease a 10-inch bundt pan.
- 4In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter.
- 5Gradually add the sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- 6Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 7Add the Amaretto, beat to blend.
- 8In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder.
- 9Add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk, mixing until evenly blended.
- 10Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- 11Bake for 1 hour and 15 to 20 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 12Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- 13Remove the cake from the pan to a rack to cool completely.
- 14Dust with confectioner's sugar.
- 15Great with real whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Amaretto Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.6
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 167.1 mg
- Sodium 548.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 61.3 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: