Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is a recipe I've had for a long, long time and calls for uncooked eggs. Make this ONLY if you’re absolutely sure of your source. (ah, for the good old days of salmonella-free eggs!). Requires 4 hours of refrigeration before serving.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups superfine sugar
- 1⁄4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt ¼ cup butter in small saucepan; remove from heat; stir in cocoa.
- Cream 1 cup butter with sugar and amaretto; gradually beat in cocoa; add eggs, one at a time, beating 3 minutes after each addition; continue beating until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour into crust and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.