1 hr 5 mins
My mom had this recipe for a long time and never got around to making it. Very smooth, creamy dessert - works any time of the year. Of course, if you don't want to make it as a pie, just make the mousse filling and chill in wine glasses. The prep time does not include the chilling time for the pie to set.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the egg whites until peaks form.
- 2Beat in 1/4 cup sugar until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
- 3Mix yolks, milk, gelatin, the remaining sugar, and salt.
- 4Combine over low heat with the chopped chocolate.
- 5Heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture has combined, smoothed, and thickened.
- 6Remove from heat and add vanilla and amaretto.
- 7Whip the cream.
- 8Pour the chocolate mixture over the egg whites, folding to combine.
- 9Cool mixture; when cooled, fold in the whipped cream.
- 10Pour into the crust and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Amaretto Mousse Pie
Serving Size: 1 (968 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2892.9
- Calories from Fat 1987
- Total Fat 220.8 g
- Saturated Fat 123.7 g
- Cholesterol 783.2 mg
- Sodium 1266.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 235.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.7 g
- Sugars 141.3 g
- Protein 57.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: