Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom had this recipe for a long time and never got around to making it. Very smooth, creamy dessert - works any time of the year. Of course, if you don't want to make it as a pie, just make the mousse filling and chill in wine glasses. The prep time does not include the chilling time for the pie to set.
- Beat the egg whites until peaks form.
- Beat in 1/4 cup sugar until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
- Mix yolks, milk, gelatin, the remaining sugar, and salt.
- Combine over low heat with the chopped chocolate.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture has combined, smoothed, and thickened.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and amaretto.
- Whip the cream.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the egg whites, folding to combine.
- Cool mixture; when cooled, fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour into the crust and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.