Recipe by Karen=^..^=
What a cool and refreshing way to end a party or barbeque! Yum! (Chill time not included)
Top Review by Rita~
I just took a great recipe and made it better. I put all the ingredients into my new toy(Vita Mix)when the sugar was incorparated I added a tray of ice cubes. No cooking no freezing no waiting. Oh Yes!!This is so Yummy, Creamy, Rich, SUMPTUOUS!!!!.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups light cream or 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- sliced almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, stir together sugar and cocoa.
- Gradually stir in light cream and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is melted and mixture is smooth and hot (not boiling).
- Remove from heat and stir in Amaretto.
- Pour into an 8 inch square pan.
- Cover and freeze until firm, stirring several times before mixture freezes completely.
- Serve frozen scooped into dessert dishes.
- Garnish with almonds, if desired.