Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Incredibly delicious, nothing more to say
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 500 g light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- melt chocolate, set aside and let cool.
- preheat oven to 300°F.
- mix crust ingredients and press into a 7-8 inch springform pan.
- beat cream cheese until smooth, add sugar gradually, beat in eggs one at a time.
- add cooled chocolate and remaining ingredients.
- pour filling on to crust.
- bake at 300F for 60 min, turn oven off and let sit in oven for another 60 minute.
Wonderful :D. I made a small two serving size cheesecake that was excellent. I must say that since I didn't have any Amaretto I used Frangelico for a Chocolate Hazelnut yummy. I didn't add any sweetening to the crust as I thought that the cookie base would be sweet enough, used 95% fat free cream cheese, Splenda for the sugar, bittersweet chocolate, low fat sour cream. Sugar free caramel sauce was used as a topping around the edge and Splenda sweetened sour cream on top with crushed hazel nuts sprinkled on for good measure. Total Yum!
Photo's may be seen here (in Savor): http://feastyoureyes.smugmug.com/
Amaretto, and chocolate.. It made for a real flavorful combo with this, the filling is worth the 5 stars definately, as it was awesome and very flavorful, the crust was nice too, but the star was the filling. Took this and enjoyed with my neighbors this as we has our bi-weekly poker party. Needless to say, this was one time when the cards were not the topic of conversation, as the 4 of us each enjoyed 2 slices each. Not good for my calorie intake, but I have to try this again soon for sure. Made for PRMR tag.